The Helmholtz Information & Data Science Academy’s (HIDA) mission is to facilitate methodological exchange and knowledge transfer in the field of Information & Data Science between all 18 Helmholtz Centres and to promote education and training of Helmholtz researchers.
Therefore, HIDA provides co-funding for the organization and expansion of training offers and other educational events to open them also for researchers from other Helmholtz centres.
The only condition is that events shall serve the 18 Helmholtz Centers in attracting and developing young talent and make the Helmholtz Association visible as an attractive employer in the field of information and data science research.
Have we piqued your interest?
Here's what you should know for the application process:
Which formats does HIDA support?
- in person / online live / online on demand / hybrid
- talks, lecture series, career days, seminars, workshops, courses, colloquia, datathons, hackathons, discussions, summer schools, meet-ups, symposia, conferences, contests, …
- Training offers and other educational events must be related to the field of Information & Data Science and generate benefit for the entire Helmholtz Association
Who are the target groups for the training and continuing education programs?
- researchers from all programs and all research fields of the Helmholtz Association and its partners, especially doctoral researchers and postdocs.
Who can apply for HIDA Course Funding?
- all members of the Helmholtz Association, especially Helmholtz Graduate Schools and Programs
- partner institutions can also benefit, on condition that the application is submitted by at least one Helmholtz institution
Which costs does HIDA co-finance?
- Expense allowances (e.g. travel and accommodation costs) and honoraria for lecturers/trainers
- Services costs necessary for the event’s organization and marketing
- Rental costs for event venues
- The general principles of competition, non-discrimination, transparency and economy must be complied with
- The HIDA Course-Funding cannot be used to support individual persons. But HIDA offers further interesting activities like the HIDA Trainee Network or international exchange programs.
What does HIDA expect in return?
- HIDA must be clearly highlighted as a cooperation partner of the event. We expect the placement of the HIDA logo and the inclusion of a short HIDA presentation in the program.
- All offers must be widely communicated to ensure the recruiting of participants from different centers.
Information on PR work
HIDA must be named as a cooperating partner of the event.
We expect the placement of the HIDA logo and the installation of a brief HIDA presentation in the program.
Offerings must be widely communicated to ensure recruitment of participants from throughout the community.
We look forward to working with you!
If you have any further questions, the HIDA team will be happy to help you.
Please download the application form, fill it out and submit it to HIDA.