Setting Up Courses With HIDA
The Helmholtz Information & Data Science Academy (HIDA) is committed to promoting the training and further education of scientists in the field of Information & Data Science and strengthening the exchange of methods and knowledge transfer between the 19 Helmholtz Centers.
HIDA provides financial support for the organization and expansion of further training courses or events that foster networking within the Helmholtz Association in the field of Information & Data Science and build up their research staff’s competencies.
Our guidelines for the participation of HIDA in further education offers & events
Which formats does HIDA support?
- Further education offers (seminars, workshops, block courses, lectures, summer schools, datathons, meet-ups, symposia, conferences) related to the field of Information & Data Science.
- It is important that the offers generate a benefit for the entire Helmholtz Association.
With what aim?
- The courses generate synergies within the Helmholtz Association and ensure a strengthening of know-how in the field of Information & Data Science.
- The courses promote knowledge transfer within the Helmholtz Community and beyond.
- Impulses are set for the application and further development of information & data science methods in the Community's research programs.
- The courses are addressed to young scientists from all programs and all research fields of the Helmholtz Association and its partners.
- The offers are primarily aimed at doctoral researchers and postdocs, but generally open to all Helmholtz scientists and researchers – assuming they are interested in research topics related to Information & Data Science.
- The offered activities serve the Helmholtz Centers in attracting and developing young talent and increase the Helmholtz Association’s visibility as an attractive employer in the field of information and data science research.
Who can cooperate with HIDA?
- All members of the Helmholtz Association, especially Helmholtz Graduate Schools and Programs as well as the Helmholtz Information & Data Science Schools or Incubator Platforms can propose joint projects.
- A prerequisite is the proposed event’s openness: The event may not exclusively or essentially benefit a single center’s doctoral students and/or researchers.
- Partner institutions can also benefit, on condition that the program is supported by a Helmholtz institution.
How to cooperate with HIDA?
- The first step is to submit a short concept via the following form.
- It is important that the concept includes the total budget and a list of billable costs. The general principles of competition, non-discrimination, transparency and economy must be complied with.
Which costs does HIDA co-finance?
- Expense allowances (e.g. travel and accommodation costs) and honoraria for lecturers/trainers.
- Services necessary for the event’s organization and promotion and to increase its outreach.
- Rental costs for event venues.
- The HIDA Course-Funding cannot be used to support individual persons. But HIDA offers further interesting activities like the HIDA Trainee Network or international exchange programs.
What do cooperation partners have to account for?
- The offers must be widely communicated by the cooperation partners through PR work within the Helmholtz Association to ensure the recruiting of participants from other centers.
- HIDA must be clearly highlighted as a partner of the event - by mentioning HIDA on websites, print products and in social media coverage. We also expect the placement of the HIDA logo and the inclusion of a short HIDA presentation in the program.
When will HIDA decide on the co-financing of your offer?
- After you have submitted your short concept, HIDA will first check that it meets the above-mentioned criteria and is in line with the goals of HIDA as decided by the members of the Helmholtz Association. Applicants will be informed as soon as possible after the assessment whether financial support for the proposed concept is possible.
We look forward to your cooperation offers!
If you have further questions, the HIDA team will be happy to help you.
Your contact person for HIDA Course-Funding: