Get to know data science top talents (BA-Postdoc) from Israel's leading research institutes and work with them on your projects in our (virtual) exchange program. We are happy to partner with the Israel Data Science Initiative (IDSI) for this program. The IDSI coordinates the activities of Data Science research centers at the following universities:
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
- Weizmann Institute of Science
- Tel Aviv University
- Bar Ilan University
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- University of Haifa
You "host" data scientists from Israel (BA-Postdoc) and work with them (virtually) on a project of your choice. Due to the ongoing pandemic, this exchange program is planned online-first:
- If travel is not possible by summer 2021, you will work with data scientists virtually (as side projects to their studies/work) - with the possibility to conclude your project onsite once travel becomes possible again (up until Dec 2022).
- If travel is possible in summer 2021, you will host Israeli data scientists at your lab for six weeks and get to work with them onsite. Travel expenses and accommodation for your visitors are covered by the Israel Data Science Initiative. (The Helmholtz Information & Data Science Academy covers Helmholtz participants' costs in Israel in return.)
Why should I host data scientists from Israel?
- Inspire Israeli data science talents with your research and get international collaborations started with the next generation of data scientists!
- Get six weeks of hands-on help from savvy data scientists for your projects.
What is expected from me as a host?
- Provision of and mentoring for a data science problem that can be solved with a tangible outcome (e.g. contribution to a paper or open source project) within six weeks.
- Possibilities to make use of necessary resources remotely (e.g. access to data, computing resources, programs and tools).
- Hospitality at your lab if travel is possible (e.g. workplace, introduction to and usage of all necessary infrastructure, programs and tools, welcoming integration into your team).
How do I take part?
In order to become a host, please describe your data science project for potential participants in the application form (press “apply now”) by March 7, 2021. Potential participants will see this description and apply to your project. We will forward their applications to you.
IDSI brings together and coordinates activities of the data science research centers throughout Israel’s universities. It serves as a representative for all matters of data science for both industry and public entities and leverages international collaborations for its members.
The main activities of IDSI are related to Research, Education and Outreach to both government and industrial sectors. For Research IDSI acts as a bridge between the local DS research centers and research organizations around the world which are focused on developing data science methodology and practice. For Education, IDSI will facilitate the development of DS academic courses, with particular emphasis on collaboration among the universities, as well as promoting online courses for wider consumption. For Outreach, the IDSI will work with governmental agencies, such as the Central Bureau of Statistics, in order to expand the access to survey and administrative data, and will work with industry both to provide a resource for DS expertise, as well as to facilitate training programs.
Questions? Feedback? Get in touch with